This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Barilla®. All opinions are 100% mine.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Barilla® All opinions are 100% mine.
Classic Genovese Pesto is one of my pantry’s go-to’s. It packs such a burst of Italian flavor to many dishes but especially in this pasta dish. A pesto like this can easily elevate the taste and appeal of almost any food, you don’t have to prep anything. Made with 100% Italian basil, this is one of my secret weapons in the kitchen to amp up any dish. #ad
Tagliatelle with Peas, Sausage, Ricotta with Classic Genovese pesto
- 1 box tagliatelle pasta
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 3/4 lb breakfast pork sausages casing removed
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- Bring a pot of water to the boil. Add a good tablespoon of salt to the water. Drop the pasta and cook according to box instructions less 1-2 minutes. Keep some of the pasta water to the side. About 1 cup.
- While the pasta is cooking. In a non-stick skillet, heat oil, garlic and chili flakes over a medium heat. Add sausage and break up the meat in the pan and cook for about 4-5 minutes or until browned. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add peas, ricotta and the Barilla Classic Genovese Pesto to the pan, mix to combine. Add the pasta to the pan with a couple of tablespoons of pasta water until it coats all of the pasta. Mix well using a pair on thongs. Season with salt and pepper. Add back in the meat and peas. Serve with freshly grated parmesan cheese.