The roasted carrots were tossed with lots of parsley and thyme, I love the way the herbs soften the sweetness of the carrots.
- 2 pounds heirloom carrots peeled, green tops left on
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon parsley leaves
- Preheat the oven to 420°F. Place the carrots in a large bowl, and toss with the olive oil, salt, pepper, thyme and oregano.
- Spread in an even layer in the prepared pan or baking dish. Cover with foil, and place in the oven for 20 minutes. Uncover, and if the carrots are not yet tender, turn the heat down to 375 degrees and return to the oven for 10 to 15 more minutes until tender. Add the parsley, stir gently, and taste and adjust salt and pepper. Serve hot, warm or at room temperature.