12 Nov Mixed Vegetable Pasta
As the summer comes to an end, try on this simple and light pasta dish. Takes only minutes to whip up! You can always add shrimp or chicken to this dish if you like!
|Prep Time||12 mins|
|Cook Time||15 mins|
- 2 cups mixed red and yellow cherry tomatoes halved
- 3 cloves garlic peeled and finely chopped
- 1 green zucchini halved lengthwise and cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon basil chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives stone removed
- 1 lb spaghetti or linguine
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Parmesan cheese for garnish
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat 2 teaspoons olive oil and add mixed red and yellow cherry tomatoes, garlic, zucchini and chili flakes. Cook for about 5-7 minutes to brown and soften everything up.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil, add 1 teaspoon salt and cook pasta according to directions.
- While pasta is cooking, add remaining ingredients to the vegetables and stir over a low heat. Add cooked pasta and fold all ingredients together. Finish with some fresh parmesan.