12 Nov Lemon Blueberry Ricotta Pancakes
I love to make these especially when i have some extra time at the weekends. This is an awesome brunch pancake recipe and is definitely more decadent that your regular pancake.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||5 minutes|
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 Teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil plus extra for cooking pancakes
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups Fresh Ricotta Cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar garnish
- Place the flour, baking powder and salt into a mixing bowl. Stir all of the ingredients together until evenly combined. Set aside.
- Combine eggs, buttermilk, vanilla and oil into another bowl and whisk.
- Add the ricotta cheese, sugar and lemon zest into the bowl with the buttermilk egg mixture. Using a wire whisk, gently stir the ingredients together until evenly combined.
- Add the flour mix into the bowl with the buttermilk and ricotta cheese mixture. Continue to fold the ingredients together until evenly combined with a few small lumps remaining in the batter. Do not over mix the batter.
- Heat 1/4 teaspoon of vegetable oil on a large non-stick pan. Using a ladle, pour the batter onto the the non-stick pan, forming one pancake that is 3-4” in diameter, cook 2 pancakes per batch. Drop about 4-5 blueberries onto the batter and press lightly using your fingers.
- Cook the pancakes for approximately 2 minutes or until the edges begin to dry and puff up with little air bubbles will start appearing over the top surface of the pancakes.
- Flip each pancake over and continue to cook for another minute or so until done. Serve with extra blueberries and maple syrup. Dust with powdered sugar for garnish.