07 Jan Instant Pot Chicken Curry
Nothing is better than digging into a nice spicy bowl of this curry especially on these BURRR!! oh so cold days.
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 8 chicken thighs, boneless cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 onions roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup creme fraiche
- 2 tablespoons four
- 4 cups rice cooked
- Turn the Instant pot to saute and heat the oil. Cook chicken pieces until golden brown. Set aside.
- Cook the onions for about 5 - 8 minutes until starting to brown, add curry powder, chili flakes, salt, pepper, red bell pepper and raisins. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add in stock and the chicken. Set on manual high pressure for 12 minutes and cook sealed. Lock vent.
- After the 12 minutes are up and the pot has released all its pressure. remove lid and mix 1/2 cup of liquid with the creme fraiche and flour. Add back into the pot and simmer for 5-8 minutes until thickened.
- Enjoy and serve with warm rice.