04 Mar Easy and fast Pad Thai
try this super fast and easy Pad thai. Why spend a small fortune on take out. Cook your own! Start building a asian pantry so you can make this on the go any day.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||6 minutes|
- kosher salt
- 10 oz 1/4-inch-wide flat rice noodles
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1/2 lb small shrimp
- 1/2 lb chicken diced into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 lime juiced
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sambal olek or garlic chili paste
- 2 eggs whisked
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts crushed
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook noodles until al dente. Drain.
- n a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, brown sugar, fish sauce, soy sauce, and sambal. Set aside.
- In a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add bell pepper and cook until tender, about 4 minutes. Stir in chicken and shrimp and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Push the chicken, shrimp and vegetables to one side of the pan and pour in the egg. Scramble until just set then mix with the shrimp chicken mixture. Add the cooked noodles and toss until combined. Pour in the lime juice mixture and toss until the noodles are coated. Garnish with green onions and peanuts.