12 Nov Drunken Noodles
This is my go-to dish to toss together at home after a night out of drinking with my friends. It’s easy, fun, full of flavor, does not make too much of a mess and happens to be especially alcohol absorbent.
|Prep Time||6 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- 2 14-ounce packages 1/4-inch-wide flat rice noodles
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 6 garlic cloves chopped
- 1/4 cup garlic chili paste or sambal
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken thighs cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 green bell peppers cut into strips
- 1 14 oz can diced tomatoes drained
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- Cook noodles in large pot of boiling salted water according to package directions. (They are all different). Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in the same heavy large pot over medium-high heat. Add garlic and chili paste; cook for 30 seconds. Add chicken and next 4 ingredients and sauté until chicken is cooked through, about 4- 6 minutes.
- Add noodles, tomatoes and toss to coat.
- Transfer to large platter, sprinkle with basil leaves, and serve.