17 Oct Date and Peach Clafoutis
This is such a nice twist on a classic. As the pie bakes it softens the dates giving them a nice toffee chewy texture and taste.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly butter a medium-size flameproof baking dish or a 8 inch cast iron pan at least 1 1/2 inches deep.
- Put the milk, half the granulated sugar, eggs, vanilla, salt and flour in a blender. Blend at top speed until smooth and frothy, about 1 minute.
- Pour a 1/4-inch layer of batter in the baking dish. Turn on a stove burner to low and set dish on top for a minute or two, until a film of batter has set in the bottom of the dish. Set aside.
- Spread peach segments and dates over the batter and sprinkle on the rest of the sugar. Pour on the rest of the batter. Sprinkle with more fruit. Place in the oven and bake about 45- 50 minutes, until browned, puffed up and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar just before serving.