18 Aug Cream Filled Puff Pastry
Try this awesome recipe out for any party. they are so simple to make and guaranteed a crowd pleaser.
|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- 1 Nonstick cooking spray, for the baking sheet and molds
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry (from a 17.3-ounce package) thawed in the fridge
- 12 oz cream cheese softened
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 3 cups confectioners sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup blackberry preserve
- blackberries for garnish
- fresh mint for garnish
- Special equipment: ten 12-inch square sheets of aluminum foil; a disposable pastry bag fitted with a large star tip Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Fold a 12-inch square sheet of aluminum foil in half, turn and fold in half again; you should have a small square. Now, fold diagonally and once more again. You will now have a triangle. Wrap it around your index finger and mold into a cone shape. Repeat 9 more times to make 10 molds. (Note: these can be reused.) Lightly spray the foil molds with nonstick spray.
- Lay out the puff pastry sheet on a work surface with one of the long sides facing you. Cut the pastry into 3/4-inch-wide strips from top to bottom to make 20 strips. Wrap 2 pastry strips around each mold, overlapping a little with each wrap. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet and bake until lightly browned around the edges, 16 to 18 minutes. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the cream cheese and butter in a bowl. Add the confectioners' sugar in batches with the salt. Gently fold in the blackberry preserves (so there is some veining). Transfer to a disposable pastry bag fitted with a large star tip and place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to let the filling firm up.
- Pipe the filling into each pastry from the wider end. Serve with a dusting of confectioners' sugar and some blackberries and mint.