12 Feb Chili Con Queso
On a recent trip to Austin, Texas, I ate myself through the city. I had Queso for every meal and I don’t regret it one bit. this recipe was created right after that trip.
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 serrano chiles seeded and diced
- 2 jalapenos seeded and diced
- 1/2 medium onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes with juice
- 3/4 cup cilantro
- 3 cups white sharp cheddar grated
- 3 cups monterey jack cheese grated
- 3/4 cup SOUR CREAM
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- tortilla chips for serving
- Melt butter in a large non stick skillet over medium heat, add Serranos, jalapeños and onion, cook for about 5-7 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Whisk in flour, add half and half in parts while whisking, let thicken for about 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and cilantro, reduce heat to low. Add in cheeses 1/4 cup at a time, stir and keep adding until all these has melted. Add sour cream and season. Serve with tortilla chips.