Yep this is me about to chow down on one of my favorite appetizers, Chicken wings!! The best chicken wings HAVE to be crispy NOT SOGGY!!! Follow this recipe to the T and you’ll be left with the crispiest Chicken wing.
PERFECTLY CRISPY CHICKEN WINGS
- 2 quarts peanut oil
- 3 lbs chicken wings a goo mixture of drumettes and wings
- 1 stick butter
- 3/4 cup Franks Hot Sauce
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Blue cheese dressing your favorite store bought
- Carrot and celery sticks
- In a large dutch oven or large cast iron pot, Heat oil to about 240°F on a deep fry thermometer.
- Cook the chicken in batches and make sure the temperature comes back to around 240°F and cook them for about 10 - 12 minutes. Set aside and let drain on some paper towels.
- Repeat until all the chicken wings are cooked through and let rest for about an 1 hour so they can come to room temperature. You can even put them in the fridge overnight but jsut make sure you have them out of the fridge at least an hour before we finish the cooking.
- When you are ready to serve, bring the temperature of the oil to 375°F. In another saucepan, heat the hot sauce, butter and vinegar over a medium low heat.
- Cook the chicken (again in batches so the oil does not overflow) for about 10 minutes (this will make them super crisp) and transfer them into a bowl and toss with some of the warmed hot sauce mixture. Repeat and serve with dressing, carrot sticks and celery.