You can find this at any fair or festival in LA. I love the heat of the chili mixed with the sweet of the corn. The creamy mayo and cheese combo lends another layer of textural delight.
MEXICAN STREET CORN
- 4 ears fresh SWEET CORN shucked
- 1/3 cup SOUR CREAM
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup CRUMBLED FETA CHEESE plus some for garnish
- 1 teaspoon chili powder plus some for garnish
- 1/4 cup chopped CILANTRO leaves
- 1 lime cut into quarters
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chili flakes for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375˚F.
- Place corn on the racks of the oven and roast for 25 minutes, or until softened.
- On a large plate, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, feta cheese, chili powder, and cilantro.
- Remove corn from the oven and let cool for 4 to 5 minutes. Roll each ear of corn in the sour cream mixture.
- Place on a platter, sprinkle with extra feta, chili powder, and chili flakes, and serve with lime wedges.