In California, we always have access to great avocados. And when life gives you an abundance of avocados, you make avocado toast, of course! There are several varieties of avocado, and any of them would work for this recipe.
- 2 avocados (halved and pitted)
- 1 juice of lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 teasopoon dried chili flakes
- Scoop the flesh out of the avocado shells and place in a bowl.
- Add lemon juice and salt and pepper. Mash well with a fork. Set aside.
- Toast bread and spread each slice with avocado mixture.
- Sprinkle with chili flakes and serve.