Hasselback potatoes are THE BOMB!!!! But cheesy ones with fresh herbs are better. Perfect for Thanksgiving right around the corner.
Hasselback Potatoes with Herbs
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 6 medium russet potatoes
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 2 tabelspoons fresh thyme leaves
- Preheat over to 425°F.
- Melt butter, oil and garlic over a medium heat for about 5 minutes to let the garlic infuse into the mixture.
- Using 2 wooden spoons placed on each side of a potato as a guide, cut the potato into thin slices about 1/4 inch thick, without cutting through the bottom
- Place potatoes on a lined baking sheet with aluminum foil. Brush with mixture generously and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and brush again with more of the butter mixture.
- Bake for another 30 minutes, remove from oven, sprinkle with cheese and thyme leaves and pop back in the oven for a final 5 mins. Serve.