I must say when it comes to getting take out, this is my go to. This orange flavored crispy beef is just so yummy! This recipe beats any take out and whats better is that its soooo easy to make.
Crispy Shredded Orange Beef
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3/4 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 green onions finely chopped
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame seeds
- Vegetable Oil for frying
- 1 lb skirt steak 1/4 inch thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- Pour oil in a large heavy based saucepan and heat oil to 350°F. Toss steak with the cornstarch, let sit for 5 minutes and then toss again.
- Cook for about 4-5 minutes in batches and set aside. Discard oil.
- To the saucepan, add the soy sauce, chili sauce and orange juice. Simmer for 2-3 minutes or until sauce thickens, add in beef and stir to coat.
- Serve with some rice, garish with green onions and sprinkle with sesame seeds.