As an ambassador for California dates I am always trying to figure out new fun ways of creating recipes using this wonderful fruit. I used to always stuff dates with goats cheese and wrap in bacon, I just love it so much. It’s a classic combination of flavors, and it got me thinking. Why not turn it into a dip? This is so delicious it’s like a cheese board turned into a dip!!!
This dip is best served warm, straight from the oven. I love to change up the garnishes I use depending on if I want a more savory, or a more sweet dip. I love the kick of heat that comes with the dried chili flakes, too. If you prefer a sweeter dip, skip the chili flakes and use honey and pistachios instead.
One thing to note, if you don’t have a cast iron skillet, this dip can also be made and served in a slow cooker. Just be sure to add extra time to the allotted cooking time in the recipe.
My favorite way to serve this warm, creamy, bacon and dates dip is with crispy crackers or crostini. You need to make sure that your crackers are strong enough to hold up to this thick, cheesy dip. If you can’t find a good, strong cracker, stick with crostini for dipping.
Oscars are this Sunday. Do you hold Oscars watch parties? If you do, this creamy date and bacon dip is not only chic but absolutely fabulous and delicious! It will be the perfect accompaniment to your other party food and drinks.
Need more party recipe inspiration?
Be sure to follow me on Instagram HERE for more new recipes and a peek into my daily life!
Creamy California Dates and Bacon Dip
- 12 oz goats cheese
- 10 oz cream cheese
- 5 oz SOUR CREAM
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 10 California Medjool dates pitted
- 6 slices thick cut bacon cooked and diced
- chili flakes
- freshly ground black pepper
- toasted crostini
- various crackers
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- Mix cream cheese, goats cheese, and sour cream with lime juice until well combined.
- Transfer cheese and sour cream mixture to a cast iron 9" skillet
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes
- Remove from oven and garnish with dates, pistachios, chili flakes, honey, and cooked bacon.
- Serve with toasted crostini and assorted crackers.