“Cornbread is something that I discovered in the United States. Now I associate it with all things American, especially that most American of holidays, Thanksgiving. Stuff a turkey with some cornbread and watch the faces light up around the table.”
Excerpt From: Stuart O’Keeffe. “The Quick Six Fix.” buy the book right here!!!
Cornbread and Italian Sausage stuffing
- 1 tabespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 2 spicy italian sausages
- 4 cornbread muffins or 3 cups of crumbled cornbread
- 1/2 cup good quality chicken stock or chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves chopped
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook for 2 minutes to soften up onion.
- Add chili flakes and sausage and cook for 4 to 6 more minutes, breaking up the sausage with a wooden spoon to ensure it cooks all the way through.
- Add the cornbread to the pan and stir to combine all ingredients. Add chicken stock and stir. Sprinkle with chives. Serve.