This recipe is a family favorite. To be honest I don’t make this much at home. There is no particular reason but there is a restaurant here in Los Angeles and they do a fantastic chicken parmesan and I pretty much order it there whenever I go.
It’s a treat when I get to order it at Dan Tanas. It comes on this big plate that is enough for two people. I usually split it with my friend and we get a big caesar salad also. This recipe is a great dish where you can make a bunch, throw it on a sheet pan and finish it in the oven.
For this Chicken Parmesan recipe, I am making it on the stovetop. Check out the video below where I make this dish. Please leave me some comments below on how it turned out or you can post to Instagram and tag me @chefstuartokeeffe. Have fun guys!
Make it a meal:
This is your go-to family dinner any night of the week. Chicken with melted cheese and tomato sauce on top is always a winner.
2 chicken breasts, sliced in half lengthwise
3/4 cup breadcrumbs
1/2 cup flour
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup tomato sauce
2 cups mixed lettuce
salt and pepper
- Slice chicken breasts in half to butterfly. Place chicken breasts between two sheets of heavy plastic on a solid surface. Pound chicken with the smooth side of a meat mallet or a heavy pan to a thickness of 1/2-inch. Season chicken thoroughly with salt and pepper.
- Beat eggs in a shallow bowl or plate and set aside.
- Mix breadcrumbs and half of the parmesan cheese together in a bowl and set aside.
- Place flour on a plate and season with salt and pepper.
- Dredge the chicken with flour, dip in egg and finally breadcrumbs. Repeat with all chicken and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken for about 2 minutes each side.
- Top with 2 tablespoons of tomato sauce, then a sprinkle of mozzarella cheese and a sprinkle of parmesan. Cover and lower the heat and let the cheese melt.
- Meanwhile, toss lettuce with a squeeze of lemon juice and a touch of salt and pepper.
- Place chicken on a plate and top with a mound of lettuce leaves on top. Enjoy!
- Category: dinner
Keywords: chicken, italian, quick dinner